Monday, January 4, 2010

Blog Day One

This is my first Blog evah!!! I am so excited to start … my excitement may wane, but I will try to keep this updated as often as I can. I am one of the millions of unemployed … have been for more than 14 months. By trade, I am, I think, a creative and talented graphic designer. I enjoy cooking anything; eating (kind of goes hand in hand with cooking :D; doing ANY crossword puzzle - but NYT is my face; photography and anything related to Macintosh computers and design.

Because of the lack of work in my area, I have returned back to school to get a degree in Accounting. People always say "Wow, design and accounting, those can't be farther away in terms of the right/left brain thingie!!!" I disagree completely. Graphic design is both artistic and mathematical. Being able to see a page and know exactly how to place your design so that it flows and makes sense involves both sides of the brain.

Once I get this whole Blog thing down, I'll post some of my designs and photographs, and maybe even some of the many recipes that I have in my 'keeper" file…

No comments:

Post a Comment